Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tuesday July 13

"Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day."
Melody Beattie

I feel that this quote has really documented my time at Shad so far. I have had many new experiences I thought I'd never have had the chance of doing before and did many new things I thought I would never accept to doing before. Letting go of my handrails though has let me have the ride of my life so far...

Today was another exciting day at Shad. I started off my day waking up to have some pancakes, bacon and the wonderful cream cheese bagel breakfast. I was then intrigued by the two amazing lectures we had today on addiction and marketing, information ranging from the most widely used drugs all the way to identifying a group of consumers and how to get to your target market. We then had our daily recreation time of soccer and volleyball today right out in the sun; best way to burn off some calories right before having a hearty lunch.

After lunch, we had some free time of relaxing and planning our business plan for the oncoming project time. I then headed off to my networks workshop where we talked about information cascades, power law and then had a quick fun game to end it off. Time for dinner to have my pasta, salad and pizza combo before heading off for our swim, which was well enjoyed by all the Shads that day after being out in the hot sun, a great way of cooling down.

Off to bed now, another exciting and fun-filled day to come.

Olivier McLean, Shad Valley Queen's University 2010
Hometown: Scarborough, Ontario