Wednesday, July 21, 2010

IT’S NOT THE END JUST YET – Tuesday July 20, 2010

After the adrenaline rush of handing in the business plan at the very last minute, every single one of us vowed to get the presentation done early and be prepared. But, in the end, not many of us achieved that goal. Waking up at 6:00 in the morning to get together with my pod, I hurried to complete the project. I was so tired, but before I knew it, I was in business wear and up on stage tripping over my thoughts, not even understanding the gibberish flowing from my mouth. And before I knew it, the awards were announced, friends were hugging and laughing and cheering, and the DE project was over.

Even though the project was fun, I felt like I had been concentrating on it so much that the time with all my Shad friends had passed by without me noticing. And now, there are only two days left.

Tonight, each of us was assigned a box with our name on it and some cut-up construction paper. We were told that we would write messages on the paper to our friends, putting the notes in the boxes which would act like “Valentine’s Day boxes”, as one fellow Shad called it. When Kingsley, our program director, stated that we could only read them after we left Shad, all of us groaned. I have a feeling that when we read these, we’ll be looking back on amazing memories and the realization of just how indescribable Shad Valley McMaster 2010 is will hit us hard.

The night ended off with karaoke, with everyone singing away, completely relaxed and carefree.

Joanne Cheng, Shad Valley McMaster University 2010
Hometown: Barrie, Ontario