Monday, June 28, 2010

What is Shad Valley?

I didn't know much before, but now that I'm here I can tell you lots more.
It's been such a great discovery - to meet each and every,
all the new faces and being courteous to everybody.
The program's filled with games and fun
but the real prize is being able to network with everyone.
My first day was amazing, from the flight in the morning until midnight, really exhilirating.
I'm so glad I took the challenge to apply to Shad Valley 2010
because the experience has been so wonderful even though it's only day one.
I have so much to look forward to,
the possibilities are endless
but the one thing that's definite is that my life would be incomplete without it.
One month with a new family, a new group of people, new friends to me, it all sounds lovely.
Of all the great things we did today the highlight was the lecture where we were given a presentation
of what we could expect in the next month
but more importantly I saw
a room filled with great role models who possess many talents.
These people are my friends, these people are my family and that, that is Shad Valley!

Justin Bansal, Shad Valley University of New Brunswick 2010
Hometown: Brampton, Ontario